Saturday, May 09, 2020

Crescent Mermaid...

I’ve had these vintage wooden crescents for awhile now. I wasn’t sure exactly what I’d do with them, but decided to drill the points out and add metal eyelet rivets to the holes. I had an idea before about doing some drawings on them. But that never really turned into anything. I came across these pieces while I was cleaning and decided to make little paintings on them for MerMay.
I really love the hand-painted Russian, icon-style pendants and thought that I’d make my very own. Apparently I thought it’d be easier. Nope! Turns out painting tiny miniature portraits is hard! It was definitely a challenge for me to paint that small! I need smaller brushes and magnification! LOL! I think, eventually, I will give the piece a resin coating for extra protection.

No comments: