Thursday, December 05, 2013

My Constant Companion...

I had to add a name to a list in one of my blog posts.  As I was navigating the dashboard, I saw that I was coming up to my 3,000th post.  That is this post.  It's hard to believe that I have reached this milestone.  When I set out to create this blog, just about eight years ago, I really didn't know where it would take me or how much it would impact my life.  I never realized how a digital platform would become my constant companion.

In this blog, I have tried to do more than just recount my activities or promote my work, but share what it feels like to walk a day in my shoes.  I share a side that doesn't always get vocalized, but is very much a part of me.  The goal was to create a complete portrait, with highs and lows alike.  Over the course of maintaining this blog, I have moved (a couple of times), opened a store, battled cancer, found a partner, acquired two cats,  won awards, lost competitions, made friends, lost friends, and reconnected with a long-lost sibling.  I have shared what I've had for dinner, where I want to go in the world, and brought together artists who want to make a difference.  I have traveled across the country to give insight behind blogging, from the deserts of Tucson to the mountains of North Carolina.  I have met thousands of people who have dropped by the blog, some every day.  Over the course of 3,000 posts, I have made a lot of jewelry, done a bunch of paintings, and have always had my hand in some crafty project.  This blog chronicles the journey of a maker of things.

If this blog has taught me anything, it's that you are not alone.  If you want to dress up like a zombie and roam the streets like the undead, there are others who are out there who want to do the same.  If you want to paint yourself blue, there will be someone willing to hold the brush and make sure you don't bump into any walls.  If you have a dream, there are others out there who share that dream and will help to make it a reality.

5 comments:

kathyd said...

great post andrew . it has been awesome to be along for the ride.
xxoo

Here Bead Dragons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Here Bead Dragons said...

Well written and well said - I enjoy your blog as much as your jewelry and the pictures from items at the Allegory Gallery.

~cryssT

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking us along your journeys Andrew. And for the example of what makes a great Artist's blog. ;)

Katie Hacker said...

Beautifully told. Thank you!