Monday, December 30, 2013

Challenge Kit Sneak Peek...

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I was thinking about doing the challenge kits again.  People seem to really enjoy them and it seems like I get requests to start them up again every week!

When I decided to stop offering the kits and organizing the challenges, we had just opened the shop and I was overwhelmed with the sheer magnitude of everything.  Now that we have been open for a few years, things have gotten a little more predictable and I have extra help.  What this means is that I have a little bit more free mental space and get back to things like organizing big blog hops.

If you're not familiar with the challenges, I put together a kit based on a particular theme.  The kits are available for purchase in the online shop and participants are asked to use as little or as much of the kit as they want to create a piece of jewelry.  The kits are $20, plus $3 shipping (to most places).  Think of it as Project Runway for jewelry (except no one gets kicked off the show)!  Once everyone makes something, they can then share it in a Reveal.  It's super easy to play along and it really gets the creative juices flowing.  Not only that, but I use all my powers to source really cool components for the kits to make them ultra luxurious.  Often times, people can make several pieces from the kits and have plenty of extra to add to their bead stashes!

I had an idea and started gathering the materials.  I gave only one hint at the time what the theme might be.  The hint was:  2014!

The above picture is sneak peak of the luxury bead blend.  Can you guess what the theme is?

The kits will go online on Friday, January 3rd at 7PM EST.  If you would like to participate, make sure you check back here and/or the online store and DO NOT delay!  The kits used to sell out in minutes!  Good luck and happy beading!  I can't wait to see what you make!

No comments: