Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Two: Annex Rehab...

I'm tired in that "deep in the bones" kind of way.  It certainly has been a busy day and I'm sore all over.  The day began with a little heavy lifting... actually a lot of heavy lifting.  My day off consisted of helping the landlords haul off several hundred pounds worth of stuff and clearing the space.  I then proceeded to take down the wallpaper.

This shot is the midday progress in the main room.  See how much more room there is!  The dirty office carpet doesn't look so bad when it has been tidied up a bit.  I still would like to put down laminate floors.  Maybe if I'm good, I'll get an early birthday present.  I'd also like to change the lighting from fluorescent with dingy yellow plastic shades, to "good" track lighting.
This picture is of one of the piles of wallpaper that I pulled down.  It was kind of cathartic peeling away the layers of nicotine and age-stained paper.  My shoulders are a little tight from all the reaching though.
This is from a different angle of the main room.  I'll have to take down those shelves while I primer and paint.
And this is the end of day progress.  It doesn't look like much compared to the midday progress image.  But I managed to scrap and scrub off a wall and a half worth of old wallpaper.  (One wall is in one of the smaller office spaces.)  I did take a "break" to check on the store, make some phone calls, pick up some drapes and a small table, and I managed to pick up all the various primers and paints we needed.

I'd write more, but I'm so tired that I'm about to fall asleep!  There's still miles and miles to go with this project.

I was talking with someone today and they said, "Oh, why are you going to so much trouble?"  And I think the biggest reason is that I'm influenced by my surroundings.  If I can create a beautiful and organized place to work... then that'll be reflected in the new things that I want to create.

2 comments:

Cyndi J said...

It looks like you've accomplished a lot. I agree with you about making the space the way you would like it. Much more conducive to creativity.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a lot of work in just one day! I'm so excited for you!
I know that when I got my own space to create, it really unleased the creative juices.