Thursday, September 29, 2011

Finding Balance...

Autumn is the great equalizer.  The beginning of the season – an equinox – corresponds with the start of the astrological sign of Libra.  It's no surprise that it's the sign of balance.  I am a libra and find that I am always in pursuit of the concept of balance, of things being even and in good harmony with one another.

Sometimes when I ignore that inherent sensibility my equilibrium is thrown off.    It's not always a bad thing that causes me to go too far over in one direction.  The opening of Allegory Gallery, for example, was not a bad thing, but certainly something that required my full attention and a large amount of tunnel vision.  That particular flavor of devotion comes at a cost... the proverbial pendulum swinging the other direction trying to center me once again.

So, I find myself adjusting and trying to create the routines and daily rituals that will give my new life a semblance of balance.  It is exhausting.  I am exhausted.  I am exhausted in that deep down in your bones sort of way.  It has required so much energy.  I know that a time of rest is needed, a time to regenerate and recover and restore that internal balance that is so necessary for me to function as an artist and a productive human being.

You might have noticed my lack of activity here on the blog.  I am not worried though.  Everything has a season and I am working now to set down healthy roots that will help nourish my ability to create in the future.

4 comments:

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Hello fellow Libra! Rest up, you deserve it. We will wait patiently for you. :)

Alice said...

That pendulum will eventually settle into a pace that is workable for you. Until then, get some rest and recharge those batteries.

SueBeads said...

Andrew, I really admire your decision to start up your gallery and throw everything of your being into it - it's very scary and you are handling it amazingly well! I truly hope and believe that your store will be a great success and it will grow in ways you never thought of!

TesoriTrovati said...

I am in a meandering season myself. You put it so much more eloquently than I did. Keep moving forward, because I believe in you and what you are seeking to acheive. You can do it!
Enjoy the day!
Erin