Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A Slice of Heaven...

Cynthia introduced me to a little slice of heaven here on Earth in Asheville called the French Broad Chocolate Lounge. They've got a lovely selection of truffles, chocolate bars, beer, wine, and my favorite: sipping truffles (aka super thick, rich hot chocolate). Another plus is that unlike my other favorite chocolatier here in Asheville (The Chocolate Fetish), there is ample seating room. I love people watching and this is definitely a great place to see as wide of a variety of people as the chocolates they serve (which is quite extensive). Besides the seating, selection, and great playlist, The French Broad Chocolate Lounge is committed to organic, fair trade ingredients and supporting local farmers and suppliers – that's so you can feel all socially conscious and aware while you indulge on that maple-flavored sipping truffle that's sprinkled ever so slightly with sea salt for an unexpected and delightful touch of savory in a molten mug of sweet deliciousness.

(To add to the long list of benefits, Counter Culture Coffee based out of Durham, NC is also served there!)

7 comments:

Alice said...

Chocolate! Did someone say chocolate? Now I'm drooling. I do think chocolate should be considered a separate food group--at least it is at my house. Everyone knows not to leave chocolate out because I will eat it. Can't help it.

The French Broad Chocolate Lounge sounds like a cool little place.

Mellisa said...

Oooh, it sounds like a divine little place to sit back and people watch (the fact that they sell chocolate wouldn't hurt one bit either!)

Nicki said...

I have had way too much chocolate these past months - I am trying to cut back, but boy it is hard. Good to read your news again - missed you. Nicki

TesoriTrovati said...

Just the name had me at hello!
My favorite chocolate place is Sugar Cubed, Temptation to the Third Power, and he is now serving a high end gourmet fair trade coffee. I will send him this info on your favorite place. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day! Erin

Vintajia Adornments said...

Aaaah - death by chocolate whata way to go!

Unknown said...

Yum.

Andrew Thornton said...

In my book, chocolate is a separate food group!