Friday, December 11, 2009

New Lampwork Glass Treasures...

One of the first beads I coveted were the candy-like pieces by Patti Cahill of Dyed in the Fire. Patti was set up next to Cynthia and Sheila in Maitland. I remember that my mom kept trying to make Patti eat the egg rolls my mom made. I have been a long time fan of Patti's work before I even knew what "lampwork" meant. Her colorist beads are modern, saccharine, and utterly delightful!


Above are a handful of colorful and vibrant pretties I picked up while I was in Orlando. I've been eying her Miami Capri Pants color scheme for awhile now. I am happy to add it to my collection! CLICK HERE to visit her Etsy shop.

I am quite pleased with these new additions.

12 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Wow! Those are amazing! So, where can one purchase these Basha beads??

ClickNCamera said...

That's quite a stash of Basha beads, you lucky guy! They are fascinating! Hope you will post what you do with them?!

TesoriTrovati said...

Yea...I'm with Lorelei...where can we get those Basha beads...or aren't you telling?! Thanks Andrew for an inspiring post! Enjoy the day! Erin

Andrew Thornton said...

After I pick out my favorites I'll be posting some in my online shop. I will hopefully be carrying a full line in the near future.

Andrew Thornton said...

By the way, neither of the pictures do these treasures justice. They are totally more stunning in person!

jeweledrabbit said...

Those Basha beads are to die for.

Patti Cahill said...

Hi Andrew! Hope all is well with you. Happy Holidays! Best, Patti

Jeannie said...

Andrew I totally agree they are unique and distinctive.
Can't wait to see them in your shop.
The best to you, jeannie

Andrew Thornton said...

I am reluctant to part with the beads. They are that magical! And like what Kathy said in her blog post, they are as rare as hen's teeth.

Susan B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan B said...

Blogger Susan B said...

Wonderful - I was hoping to find someone who sells these online. A couple of Basha beads were my first lampwork buys and I too gave mine away to people who I thought needed the perfect bead.

Seri said...

hello- I first discovered basha beads at a bead show in NC three years ago. I love them too and began selling in Denver, CO. We also have a website called www.beadjunkies.com