Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bye, Bye, Berkeley...

I'm just about to hop on a plane heading back to Pittsburgh via... oddly enough... New York. Seems like I can't escape JFK, no matter how hard I try.

I'm a little sad that I'm leaving. The weather has been lovely and I feel as though I didn't really get a chance to look around and explore that much. I didn't even get to take that many pictures. (I will update my blog later with pictures from the BABE show when I get home.)

I'm not as technically savvy as I make myself out to be. This became dreadfully apparent (at least to me) while setting up for the presentation for the bead society. The tech person wasn't able to come and in my hands... well... it took some figuring out to do. Luckily they were all patient and really lovely. They made my job easy and a pleasure and it really was my honor to be sharing a little bit about my family and the stories behind some of the pieces. Some of the folks came up to me afterwards and said that I did well and that I seemed to have everything under control. I laughed. I was a little frantic, but am glad that I seemed to be relaxed. Someone even commented that I had very elf-like features. This was not the first time someone has said that.

Anyway, I'm about to board the plane. I'll update more when I'm not about to take off.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Glad you had a lovely time, and yes, Berkeley is just beautiful during autumn...brings back great memories of time spent there in the past. Thanks!

nina said...

awwww, honey. i just cannot picture you being "frantic". i'm sure they all fell immediately in love with you, and with your non-technical presentation.
safe journeys - xoxx

Unknown said...

Safe and happy travels Andrew! x