Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Lunch with Patti Cahill...

If you've been following my blog, then you probably know that I adore the work of Patti Cahill, owner and artist behind Dyed in the Fire. Her lampwork glass beads are colorful, jewel-like treasures that are candy for the eye. Patti is located in North Carolina not far from us and we took the opportunity to get together for lunch while I'm in town.

Originally we had plans to have a picnic in the botanical gardens, but unfortunately the weather was not playing in our favor and our plans quickly took on an indoor flare. Above is a picture of Cynthia, Greg, Azalea, and Patti.

Patti Cahill brought over delicious ham sandwiches with soft homemade bread that was slightly sweet from molasses. She also brought over SporTea. I was not familiar with SporTea, but apparently it's a high performance tea brewed with vitamin C and Siberian ginseng. The company is based out of Colorado. We made a fresh corn salad with grape tomatoes and mint, a mixed green salad with dried fruit and sliced almonds and a "baked potato" salad, that has bacon, chives, and sour cream. For dessert, Patti made some decadent brownies topped with kinds of goodies, like coconut and cherries.

One of my favorite photos from the afternoon is the one of Paddy (the cat) jumping up into Patti Cahill's lap. That cat is so romantic!

We had a wonderful time chatting and catching up and feasting with our friend. I do hope that we can do this again. I really like Patti Cahill and phenomenal her work.

6 comments:

Patti C. said...

Hi Andrew! Thanks for inviting me out -- I'm usually such a hermit when I'm at home and not doing shows. It was nice to see your home and studio and hang out with the entire Green Girl Gang -- each and every one of you such creative souls. I'm refreshed and ready to hit the studio today. Have fun during the rest of your stay in Asheville! Best, Patti

norma said...

I love the picture with Cynthia and her baby bump!

Anonymous said...

I miss that cat!

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Patti!

We had a great time! Thanks for making the time for us and for coming all the way out. We loved it! We'll have to do it again! (We never did get to have our picnic in the botanical gardens!)

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Norma!

Yes, Cynthia is showing a lot. She is sensitive about it. Mainly because a lot of people are insensitive about it. We are all happy though, regardless of the size of her belly, because a new family member is growing and forming and soon I'll have a nephew! So we are all happy.

Andrew Thornton said...

Hey Sheila!

I miss the cats when I'm gone too!