Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Lucky...


It's always strange coming home after being on the road.  The little things pile up while you're gone and suddenly the little things aren't so little anymore.  It can be overwhelming to try and jump back into a routine and navigate the day to day again.  I'm glad to be back though, sleeping in my own bed, walking around in my pajamas, and not worrying if my bed-head-hair is too frightening or not.  

It was good to see my family and spend time with them.  It was also wonderful to go to Philadelphia and see all the awesome customers, both old and new, who made it out to the show! It dawned on me that being on the road isn't easy.  It can be very hard.  But in the end, it's totally worth it.  I feel very lucky to be apart of a community that is unique, vibrant, and inspiring.  The people involved are all really lovely; each with their own vision, ideas, and ways of making things.  I love that the process of making things – crafting and creating – has such a power to bring people together.  This is truly awesome and I feel lucky to be able to do what I do.

5 comments:

norma said...

Bed-head-hair...how funny! Welcome back to blogland. I've missed your blogs.

SummersStudio said...

Bed hair? I didn't think you had enough hair for that. (In a too short way not the other way). I always wish my family were across the road. But home is good isn't it.

Andrew Thornton said...

Ha ha ha! Yep... I have hair now. It's growing back all weird and I am reminded of why I shaved it. Now when I wake up, it looks like I've got two horns.

TesoriTrovati said...

I have always thought it would be fun to travel more...but you are right, it makes you appreciate home. So glad that you are back! Enjoy the day!
Erin

Unknown said...

Yes you are so blessed! Bless you my friend!
x