Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Central Park Stroll...

My friend Christina and her husband were in town on vacation and we agreed to take advantage of the nice weather by taking a stroll in Central Park.  It was fun to play tour guide for the afternoon and show them some of my favorite destinations in the Park.  Below are a sampling of images from our afternoon.
  
One of my all-time favorite spots in Central Park is the Bethesda Terrace.  I love how I almost feel transported when I walk down the elaborately carved stone staircases, through the tiled arcade, or around the angel-topped fountain.  

The other three places in the Park that top my list are Belvedere Castle, The Falconer statue, and the John Lennon "Imagine" memorial in Strawberry Fields.  It was a pleasant afternoon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Central park what a Marvelous place. Id seen Alice when I was there...that place has sooo much to offer!
Id wished Id seen more when I was there years ago!