Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tagged: 6 Weird Things...

I've been tagged by my sister to name 6 weird things about myself.

1. I used to be a go-go dancer here in New York. Yes, that's right, years ago I used to dance in cages, on bars and boxes, and on poles in crazy outfits until the wee hours of the morning. And people actually paid me to do this!

2. I had imaginary friends until I was over 18 years old. When I was much younger, I used to get in trouble for talking to people who weren't there... I learned after that to do it in secret. I often times wonder what have become of them.

3. When I first came to New York, I used to go for long walks and collect pennies from off of the streets. I used to think that I was collecting wishes. In the end, I cashed in $38.72 with the coin machine earlier this year.

4. When I lived in Florida, I began training as a psychic medium and as a natural healer. In the process, I learned all sorts of poisons and their effect on the human body.

5. I'm a chronic walker. If I get mad, sad, upset, or frustrated, I start walking. I guess it started out because I didn't have a car and the bus system in Florida is pretty awful and walking was the only way to get anywhere. It was on these walks that I would think and reflect. It then developed to where I would blank out and discover that I had walked 10 miles without knowing it... or where I was.

6. I once wrote a 20 page love letter to someone describing how deeply fond of this person I was and how if we went out together we would find ulimate happiness, but eventually grow to hate one another and become distant, hollow people. I think the letter spanned a hypothetical 80 year life-cycle, ending with me having died and them realizing finally that I was their one true soul-mate. Needless to say, this person did not go out with me.

Bonus: *Cynthia and I both share the weird love of dried cuttlefish!

I tag: Manish, Karen Michel, and Heather Wynn.

No comments: