Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fall Jewelry Stringing Magazine...

Since we opened the store, I haven't been publishing as much as I used to.  Even when I have the best intentions and actually make pieces for submission, they usually get shuffled to the bottom of the pile and by the time I remember their existence, I've missed my deadlines.

However, I did manage to squeeze in a bracelet and a pair of earrings in the most recent issue of Jewelry Stringing.  I have a soft spot in my heart for Jewelry Stringing.  It was the first magazine that I submitted to and was published in... oh, ten years ago or so.  When I look back at those old issues, I see how much I've grown and how much my style has changed.  In fact, it seems like the whole jewelry world has grown along with me, because when I look at the magazines nowadays, there's a new level of sophistication and the technical skills included in the instructions have advanced so much.

Even though things have progressed, the old issues still sparkle with inspiration and I love going through the back-issues and revisiting ideas and remembering all the friends and memories that I've made along the way.

If you fancy the earrings that I made for the Fall 2014 Jewelry Stringing issue, I have the bronze skull charms available in the Allegory Gallery online shop.  CLICK HERE to visit the link.  I paired the skull charms with shibuichi earwires from Saki Silver, Swarovski crystal pearls in Iridescent Green, and tiny faceted iolite rondelles.  Check out the magazine to see the finished earrings and other great designs by a host of talented jewelry-makers!

No comments: