Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hidden...

Have you ever put something away for safe keeping... only to get swept up in the everyday demands, causing you to forget where that safe place might be?  I got this amazing bronze octopus bead by Anne Choi after Bead & Button.  It came to the store, so I tucked it away in a pocket in my camera bag.  I carry my camera almost everywhere!  So I thought it'd be a good place to keep it until I brought it home to join my collection.

The day was rough.

And when I got home, I remembered that there was something that I had to do, but I couldn't remember what it was.  Every time I took out my collection, a little voice in the back of my head said, "Hey!  Something's missing!"  And I'd think about it and think about it, but couldn't quite place my finger on it.

That is until my camera battery ran dry.  I meant to charge it the night before.  I even placed the battery in the charger.  The only problem is that I plugged the wrong plug in.  So when I went to take a picture today, I needed the back-up battery and dipped into my camera bag.  That's when I found this prized beauty!

I'm not forgetful.  I tell myself that this little octopus was just in character and was hiding, as the creature it was patterned after is wont to do.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Oh that bead is such a treasure.. glad you were reunited!
jenni