Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Desert Magic...

In just a few short hours, I'll be heading back home to Pennsylvania. I'll be leaving the desert behind, after having spent three months here. My time here has been magical. I do not know how else to describe it. I've grown to love it here and I know that part of me belongs in the land of blue skies and red earth. During my stay I have been really blessed. I have opened my heart to so many wonderful people, who I will cherish always. I made memories that I will never forget. I climbed mountains that part of me will forever stand atop. I walked paths that part of me will always linger. My time here hasn't been without challenges. Indeed there were times of frustration and soul-searching, but with a little bit of desert magic... no obstacle seemed too great. I leave here, with a renewed sense of purpose and a bit of that sunshine in my heart.

Although I am looking forward to going home (it has been a long time since I've been there), I do so with a heavy heart. Tucson is such a beautiful place, filled with so many wonderful and creative people. I will miss everyone who I have gotten to know over these past three months. I most certainly will miss the desert magic, the web of energy that connects all things here... from the Copper's Hawk soaring above to the dusty rabbit below, from the feathered clouds up high to the spiky cacti all around.... I will miss this place.

4 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

I will miss you so much, Andrew, and hope that you can come to the Glitterganza in April!

Susan Marling said...

The desert does have it's own beauty and before you know it - it gets under your skin. I still miss the CA desert after 20 years.

Alice said...

What a wonderful time you had! Sounds like you are coming back recharged, and a head full of memories and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

this experience will forever be yours