Sunday, September 18, 2016

Green Into Gold...

The days are slipping quickly into autumn.  When I wake up in the mornings, there's a chill still clinging to the air leftover from the evening and the light has been changing.  Instead of the bleaching and blinding light of summer, there's a softer glow.  The greens of summer are gilding, transforming into golds.   It hasn't yet erupted in the riot of fall color.  The burnt oranges and flaming reds are still around the corner.

I want to reach out and fix the sun in the sky, suspending the moment and making it stretch out longer, lasting just a bit more.

I find that's my current mood.  I want more.  I feel greedy.  I want more time... not just any time, but this time.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Always my favorite time.

Shai Williams said...

I am finding myself surprised when I come upstairs and it is dark already. Isn't that he light supposed to last longer?