Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 9...

Day 9 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge brings us this prompt: "Ice is nice!  Get a head start and make some snowflake ornaments to celebrate the season!"  It's hard to believe that winter is just around the corner and snow is coming!  A few years ago, it snowed on Halloween here in Southwestern Pennsylvania.

While I don't want to think about the icy cold weather at all, I'm quite pleased with how this turned out and will hopefully do a run of these pendants/ornaments soon.  I carved out a snowflake design and pressed it out in polymer clay.  Once it was baked and cooled, I then coated it in silver Gilder's Paste and touched it up with acrylic paints.  I love the way the interference paint gives the piece a chilly shimmer.  I might do some in porcelain.  I think that the way I finish the pendants in the tumbler (to give it a satin, matte finish with the details more pronounced) would work nicely.

October isn't over yet!  There's still lots of time to participate in this challenge.  I hope you make some time to participate!  It's really enjoyable and I have been creating with wild abandon!  CLICK HERE to see the full calendar.

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

I was making some plans for some of my annual ornaments last night. And of course snowflakes played a big part! I am most looking forward to my annual bird pendant/ornaments and I am looking to do some sort of wintery scene. I hope that my brain and my hands cooperate! This is lovely. Enjoy the day Andrew! Erin