Monday, October 07, 2013

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 7...

"It's time to get your sparkle on!  Break out the crystal clay and let yourself go wild!"  That was the prompt for Day 7 of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge.

I had fun with this one!  I've had these bezels for awhile now and I knew that I wanted to use them for this challenge.  I incorporated vintage Cuba stones that look like druzies.  They're so sparkly and fun!  I have bags of these cool cabochons made in Germany during the 1950's.  Around the marquis-shaped cabochons, I set tiny Swarovski crystal chatons.  After everything was securely pushed in, I then dusted the piece with metallic gold powder to bring out the details.  I didn't think that the components needed to be dressed up more than that, so I just added them to earwires and called it a day.

It's only day 7 and there's still lots of challenges to participate in!  It really a wonderful way to creatively play and I definitely recommend it.  CLICK HERE for the full calendar of prompts!

No comments: