Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Busy Days...

The show was very busy yesterday. I barely had time to raise my head up from counting beads. Unfortunately this resulted in only a few pictures snapped.

Sak and Liz of Saki Silver dropped by the booth. Aren't they adorable? I think they are just the cutest couple ever! Did you also happen to check out their new bronze line? It's killer.

Another friendly face emerged at the show: Lisa Kan, author of Bead Romantique: Elegant Beadweaving Designs. Lisa complains of not being photogenic and dreads having her picture taken, but isn't she lovely? Lisa's not showing this year in Tucson, but she is taking classes and has stuff with Pamela of Bello Modo.

You know, over the years, Julie Young of TierraCast has become a lovely friend. Most people would think that we wouldn't get along, since they are also makers and manufactures of pewter components, but that's totally NOT true and we get along like peas and carrots. They are all lovely people! (They even featured us in their catalogue!)

After a day at the show, we headed over to the Interweave Party at the Tucson Museum of Art.

Fellow housemate, Jeannette Cook (a seed bead tour de force) poses next to the lovely and enchanting Marlene Blessing.

Sunyoung Park and her sister of Ezel Bezel strike a pose for the camera. I love their colorful laser-cut filigree, bezel wire, and CZ studded goodies! Sun was set up next to us at a show in New York and became fast friends with Azalea.

Is it possible for anyone to look more regal each time you see them? Well, every time I see Marcia DeCoaster, author of Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence: Elegant Jewelry Projects with Right Angle Weave (Lark Books Beadweaving Master Class) and a supreme talent with seed beads and crystals, I think she looks more and more like an empress.

Christan Humphries and Marilyn Koponen of Interweave always look so lovely. It's a treat to see them, because like many of the other people at the party, I only see them once or twice a year.

The West Coast represented at the party with Kate Richbourg of Beaducation and Jess Imports. (I know that Jess has a real name, but I can't help calling her "Jess Imports".) The next time I'm in San Francisco, I'm totally going to try and hit up Jess Imports' wine bar and art gallery, the Hotel Biron.

Sporting a Swarovski Steampunk necklace, author, editor, and designer extraordinaire, Jean Campbell looks absolutely adorable. She's one of the most prolific and busy people I know. You might know her from her new book, Steampunk Style Jewelry: Victorian, Fantasy, and Mechanical Necklaces, Bracelets, and Earrings. She has so much energy and is always working on HUGE projects. I feel like a slacker and am considering carrying a picture of her in my wallet to keep me motivated.

Another of the housemates and a wonderful person and bead-maker, Joyce Rooks always looks so pretty. Not only does she make amazing beads, but she is also an incredible musician. I can't wait to hear some of her new work.

The evening would not be complete without seeing the Fusion Girls of Fusion Beads. They are so much fun and I am utterly and completely smitten with them. I said that they were tattooed on my heart. They really are a great company that supports artists and beaders.

Notice how the background is not as populated with people. We closed down the party with co-authors of Mixed Metals: Creating Contemporary Jewelry with Silver, Gold, Copper, Brass, and More, Melinda Barta (editor of Beadwork magazine) and Danielle Fox (editor of Stringing magazine).

What a fun evening! It was great seeing so many people. I really do love Tucson and feel fortunate to be involved in such a supportive and artistic community.

4 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I am sooooo jealous! virtual hugs and kisses to all of you! Biggest one to you, cause you work SO hard!

XOXOX jean

Michelle Mach said...

Really enjoying your updates. *Almost* as good as being there myself! :)

coolmoon said...

Thanks for all the wonderful photos, Andrew. I'm a new reader of your blog (GREAT!) but follow Cynthia's, as well as Marcia's, Jean's, and many others. Attending Tucson seems lightyears away for me right now, but these photos make it possible to help the dream!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Out of all the things to do while in Tucson the Interweave party is one of my favorite events! It is always great to mingle with such talented and fun people there (and enjoy good food and drinks too)... A place to unwind after working hard all day and actually able to have conversations with friends. Such a wonderful energy about the room! I miss being out there this year!!!

Thanks for posting so many great pics and making us feel like we are there too! Have fun!!!