Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Skull Bracelet...

I was so inspired by Anne Choi's new sugar skull pendant that I whipped up this quick bracelet.  I pulled the main color palette from Pam Wynn of Pam and Heather Wynn's polymer beads – turquoise and copper.  The bone and ceramic skulls were presents from Margot Potter, but you can pick them up from Anima Designs if you don't have a good friend with excess skull beads.  The Czech glass is from Raven's Journey and the pearls are from Talisman Associates Inc..  I used a fine pewter sugar skull bead from my family at Green Girl Studios, a bronze skull cross from Candice Wakumoto, and the sterling silver toggle from Saki Silver.  The knurled peanut chain is from Ornamentea.  The Swarovski crystals in crystal copper and satin indicolite are from Fusion Beads.  I think this bracelet is a lot of fun!  It's surprisingly light for how chunky it is and has a lot of movement.

13 comments:

laurelmoon said...

Oh, wow, that ROCKS!! That's an amazing bracelet.

Lorelei Eurto said...

you rockstar, you.

SummersStudio said...

I want this. This is so much fun!

Jean Hutter said...

This is fun - I especially like the skull with the flower and blue teeth - he is a cutie!!

Betty BeadBug said...

I agree with SummersStudio...this is so much fun! I love it.

norma said...

Oh Andrew I just love your fun bracelet. Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is big here in NM. I will have to create one now. I hope Anne has her new skull charm for sale soon! I hope all is well.

TesoriTrovati said...

Hi Andrew-
I especially love the odd assortment and the way you mix the metals. Brilliant! Enjoy the day!
Erin

Margot Potter said...

Beautiful.

xoxo,
Madge

tamdoll said...

I love this bracelet, the dangles and colors are fantastic!

RupaB said...

I bought the exact same beads in Tucson....the lentil shape and a the large focal bead....must send you my version on the necklace and earrings I made with them!

Andrew Thornton said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! They are much appreciated!

Here Bead Dragons said...

that's a great looking bracelet - very de los muertos. great colors.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I totally love this. Andrew your talent shines like a star in the sky