Monday, March 03, 2008

3 Day Journey...

My friend, Rachel Stokoe is participating in the 3 Day Journey benefiting the Susan G. Komen for the Cure and National Philanthropic Trust. Her mom, Usha Stokoe was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after I met Rachel.

Right now, she is trying to raise the minimum so that she and her mom can bond while on the trip and help fight this disease one step at a time. CLICK HERE to donate to her very worthwhile cause. I DID!
Left: Here's a photo I took of Rachel for one of the series that I did a couple of years ago. She was so patient. She wore my funky dress that I made and went through the ordeal of me trying to learn Sarkilahti's fancy camera on the spot.

Above: "Untitled," 36" X 54", oil on canvas (sold to a private collection). This is one of my favorite paintings that she was working on when we first met.

Rachel is an amazingly talented artist whom I both respect an admire. She's GREAT! Her work is sensual and seems to drip with life. Within the next week, I'll be posting some jewelry pieces on EBay to help raise money for this wonderfully worthy cause. CLICK HERE to help donate to the cause!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also doing this walk to support my friend! I will walk for Rachel's Mom in San Diego November 21-23. Sara Hardin and I will be walking together.

Here's my link to my page:
http://08.the3day.org/site/TR?px=1795014&fr_id=1187&pg=personal

Thanks for supporting this cause Andrew! Men can get afflicted with Breast Cancer too.

Andrew Thornton said...

I'm glad that you're going to be raising money and participating in the journey as well. It seems like a really intense and amazing opportunity.

Good luck!

I think that the more we know, the more we're empowered. The first tier of their programming is education... which is both valuable and life-saving. I respect greatly what the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation is doing.