Friday, June 01, 2012

Lima Beads Challenge Reveal...

Today is a special day!  It's the Reveal for the Lima Beads Challenge.  Each participant in the challenge got a kit from Lima Beads and put together a piece that showcased their talents and imagination.  Each challenger could use as much or as little of the kit as they liked.
The kit was a blend of beautiful greens and whimsical spring-themed components.  It included a mix of seed beads, a toggle from Green Girl Studios, lucite leaves, chain, a tagua nut bead, Czech glass, a TierraCast bunny charm, and a ceramic piece from Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio.
Here's what I made!  I wanted to use as much of the kit as I could.  I used the seed beads to create a spiral stitch rope.  I wanted to visually balance the beaded rope, so I doubled up the chain.  I used the bright green Czech glass to help move the eye around the piece.  The toggle was so adorable, I had it front and center.  The focal had a cascade of chain from the ceramic bird – fringed with the leaves and the bunny charm.
I'm quite satisfied with the way mine turned out.  I just beginning my foray into seed beading and I was pleased with how I merged my "signature style" with the new techniques.

Want to see what some of the other participants made?  Check them out here:

BeeTree by m.e.
Stiletto Spirituality
A Work in Progress
Alice Dreaming

5 comments:

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Wow! This is fantastic! Love the beaded rope! The mixture of techniques is truly beautiful!

Unknown said...

A beautiful use of the components Andrew - I love the use of the spiral and the balancing act with the doubled chain. Very nice!

Alice said...

Andrew, I'm just getting home from a very long day and had to see what you made. I love your necklace. The beaded rope is fabulous, your bead placement is spot on, and the design is so lovely! But of course I knew it would be.

I have to say I have missed your challenges, and was so happy to see you host one again. Thanks for letting me play along!

Now I'm off to see what the others made.

Tanya said...

I really love your spiral rope. It works so well with the chain on the other side. That is just a fabulous necklace. I apologize for getting my post up a bit late. I got confused on the date. Thanks for the challenge. I had fun with it.

Lilik Kristiani said...

*awesome*