Friday, October 16, 2009

In Print...

One of the things that I love about Stringing magazine is that it's a true designer's magazine. It's created by and for jewelry designers of all levels. Even if you're not into duplicating pieces bead by bead, each issue is packed with hundreds of points of inspiration which are guaranteed to amuse, intrigue, and delight! The Best of Stringing super-sized issue brings back some favorite golden oldies with a smattering of fresh new designs. I was lucky enough to have some of my older designs featured with a brand new one in this special collector's edition.

Also on shelves is the latest Fall issue of Stringing. It too is filled with tons of unique and interesting designs... AND there's a sneak peek at Cynthia's new book, Enchanted Adornments: Creating Mixed Media Jewelry with Metal Clay, Wire, Resin & More.

Make sure to snag both copies before supplies run out!

5 comments:

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Thanks for the heads up, Andrew, I might not have noticed there was a collector's edition available otherwise! I do love Stringing for exactly the reason you state, if not to copy someone's work exactly, it is nevertheless always inspiring for one's own designs! As is your work, the 4 new designs below are fabulous!!

TesoriTrovati said...

I think that Stringing may have been the first (of many) publications that I subscribed to. And I love it for the incredible talent that is contained within. I always wondered who those people were...now I don't have to! I especially love seeing the cyber-friends that I have come to know and love...it makes me so proud of all the creativity that everyone shows. And that snippet from Cynthia's book was so lovely. I can't wait for my copy!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting this. I love these magazines as well! And, I made it on the cover of "The Best of Stringing". My necklace is the one in the middle box. My first submission, too!

Have a great one!
Michelle

Cindy Caraway said...

Even though my specialty is bead embroidery, I enjoy "Stringing" because it gets me out of my regular "zone". And I enjoy seeing names I recognize - like yours! :)

I love the new design of your blog as well as your new photo - Great!

Betty BeadBug said...

I took your advice and made it a point to get these. They were fabulous...lots of inspiration. The excerpts from your sisters book hooked me and I am going to order it the next time I'm at the book store. In the little snippets they shared she gave great advice, it's made a difference already. :-)