Monday, July 23, 2018

Instagram...

There are so many social media platforms, aren't there?  I find myself gravitating towards Instagram more and more these days.  It's such a visual platform and while I enjoy staying informed about politics and current events, I find myself getting overwhelmed on Facebook and exhausted by all the divisiveness.  Even people that I agree with can be a little TOO MUCH for me at times.  I know the importance of being "woke" nowadays, but do I really need to be on a rollercoaster of rage and despair all day? Nope!  It literally makes me want to curl up into a ball and hide in a dark room at times.  I don't like to feel like that and find that it's counterproductive to me actually doing something about the problems that I see in the world.  It might be different for others, and that's perfectly fine.  But for me, I have to be more mindful of what I consume.

The other thing that I appreciate about Instagram is that there aren't memes making fun of people or graphic posts about animal cruelty.  (At least not the people I currently follow.)  It wasn't a conscious decision, but I find myself hanging out more on Instagram for my own mental well-being.  I still spend a considerable amount of time over on Facebook and a little on Twitter, but I can feel myself mentally disengaging and not interacting as much.

In any event, I try to keep the content fresh on each platform.  Sometimes there's crossover, but I try not to do that too much.  And if you haven't noticed, I'm trying my best to blog again and get back into a regular routine.  It's a work in progress.  I forgot just how much time I used to spend on my blog.  One of the benefits of the other social media platforms is how easy and instantaneous posting can be (for better or worse).   If you'd like to see what I've got cooking over on Instagram, CLICK HERE.

No comments: