Thursday, March 01, 2018

Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge: Day 1...

Earrings by Andrew Thornton.
One of the things that I always look forward to this time of year is National Craft Month!  To celebrate, Fusion Beads holds an annual Bead Challenge.  Even though I'm crazy busy, I always try to squeeze it in, because I always grow so much from the challenges and I really enjoy participating in them.  I'm not always successful in getting everything done, but I try and usually I get a majority of the daily projects completed.

For the first day of the challenge, we were encouraged to create a simple pair of earrings.  I had these pegasus bronze charms that I made hanging out in the studio.  They're based off of ancient Greek coins.  I've been wanting to do something with them, but hadn't found the right project.  I thought this would be perfect for them!  So, I double drilled them out, and added Czech glass dangles and Czech glass wire-wraps.  I paired them with some vintage lever-back earwires.  Presto!  Day One is complete!
Fusion Beads March Bead Challenge 2018
If you want to play along, you can certainly try to challenge yourself with the the whole month or just pick and chose prompts you can fit into your schedule.  Also, I think the most important part is to have fun!  Don't get stressed out about it!  Try to enjoy the acts of crafting and have a ball!

If you'd like to find out more, including downloading the calendar of projects, CLICK HERE.

2 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

NICE!! Love those charms!
So nice to actually be reading a blog again- it's been way too long!

CraftyHope said...

First, those earrings are lovely. Your coins are stunning!!
Somehow I completely missed that it's national craft month and this challenge. I'll have to check out the calendar and see what I can work out to participate. Thanks for giving us a heads up about it! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you make to go with the prompts.