Friday, February 20, 2015

Bunny Pendants...

Back when I was on an episode of Beads, Baubles and Jewels, I shared a few polymer clay masters that I sculpted.  Since then, I've made molds of the pieces and cast them in resin.  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but spring has been on my mind and I have been making bunny pendants/ornaments.

After I poured the pieces and cleaned up the edges, I drilled hanging holes.  I then painted the pendants, layering washes of acrylic paint.  I liked them, but I wasn't completely satisfied.
 
So, I took them back to the work bench and adjusted a few things.  One of the things that bothered me was the sort of vacant, coral-colored zombie stare.  I played around with adding pupils, but that only made them look more possessed.  Instead, I made the entire eye big and black and that seemed to help.  In the other three, I did washes of iridescent paint and toned down the red of the eyes.  I liked that as well and decided to leave them.  I also played around with a stylized fur patterns and additional washes.  It took a little while, but I'm happy with the way they finally turned out!

1 comment:

Elaine A said...

Love these!