Tuesday, April 15, 2014

From the Vault: Day 22 Bracelet...

March was National Craft Month and to celebrate, Fusion Beads hosted a 30 Day Challenge.  I was going strong up until the last week and things started getting excessively busy with the upcoming store move.

The silly thing is that I started on many of the projects and even finished a few of the last challenges, I just never got a chance to post them.

For Day 22, we were asked to use more than one metal in a piece.  I decided to make this bracelet.  The focal of this bracelet is from Scattered Light.  It is a sterling silver leaf.  I've been hoarding it for a few years.  I paired the leaf slider with a sterling silver toggle from my family at Green Girl Studios, bronze and copper African heishi rings, berry-colored size 2 Japanese seed beads, and copper-colored metal beads with gold-leafing that were taken from a mala bracelet.  The bracelet is relatively simple, but I'm smitten with it.  I love how all the colors work together and instead of clashing, the mixed metals compliment each other.

1 comment:

Shai Williams said...

It's beautiful! Simple but all the metals make it dance.