Friday, July 26, 2013
Pretty In Pink Bracelet...
A few days passed and I thought they'd take up permanent residence at the shop... that is, until... a customer snatched them up, saying how nice they'd be in a bracelet. I couldn't disagree. They would be nice in a bracelet.
My first attempt, I used a very fine gauge of flexible beading wire to fit through the thin holes of the briolletes. It didn't make it down the street without breaking. I knew in my heart that it would. The test poundage was just too low and the bracelet gets a lot of action with all the movement.
I had to redesign how I wanted it to look and create something that was more durable. I decided to sew each individual bead onto a piece of silk cording. The "underbelly" of the bracelet was left unadorned to make it more comfortable to wear and keep it flexible. It took longer than just stringing them, but this should last a good long time. I'm really happy with the end result and hope the customer likes it too!